Sunday, June 10, 2012

I just returned from a camping trip to north Lake Tahoe. As you may suppose, there are some great coffee shops to be found in Tahoe City, the nearest town to my campground.  One of my favorites when I'm in town, is Tahoe House Bakery and Gourmet.Store.  Located just south of Tahoe City on Highway 89, Tahoe House is great place to grab an espresso drink, a bite to eat and jump on the Internet with their free Wi-Fi service.

Which is exactly what I did one day during my recent camping trip.  I wanted to go online and do some research and I also needed a large Americano to help me focus my concentration and get me going.  After the barista handed me my drink, I was pleased to look down and see the golden color of the espresso crema.  The crema is the espresso shot’s thin, foamy top layer. The crema should be golden-brown in color, slightly foamy and sweet-tasting.  My Americano's crema layer was just that, foamy and sweet-tasting.  The drink was also nice and HOT!  Which is also very important to me in an espresso.  One thing I dislike is a warm latte or cappucino.  That ruins the drink for me.  I've also had the pleasure of drinking their cappucino, breve style, (breve means to make your cappucino or latte with Half and Half cream instead of regular milk), regular latte, mocha, americano and their regular coffee.  I found all their drinks to be very well made and the coffee flavor very good.



 
They are locally famous for their freshly brewed coffee. They have Swiss-made coffee machines that brew each cup to order. There’s something for everyone: lattes, mocha’s, cappuccino, and hot chocolate. No weak, overheated or stale coffee sold here!  They also feature locally roasted Alpen Sierra Coffee which is also available for purchase by the pound.

Their baked goods are just as good as their coffee.  The tough part is trying to decide what to order to go with your coffee.  I usually get a scone or a cinnamon roll to go with my espresso. 



Tahoe House Bakery & Gourmet Store 
625 West Lake Boulevard  Sunnyside-Tahoe City, CA 96145
(530) 583-1377



Fresh baked breads, pastries, coffee drinks, cookies, European style tortes, a variety of bottled sauces and dressings, deli lunches, sandwiches, or fully prepared meals to go with gourmet cheeses, meats, wine, and more!
Open 7 days a week!
  • Sunday – Thursday 6 am to 4 pm
  • Friday and Saturday 6 am to 6 pm
  • Summer hours 6 am to 6 pm daily
  • Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day

Family owned and operated since 1977, the Tahoe House Bakery & Gourmet Store is a must if you are looking for a place to get some great coffee, espresso, baked goods or something good to eat when you are out and about in north Lake Tahoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment